Okay, okay, okay. Maybe Autumn isn’t the devil after all. Perpetual student that I am, I always feel more motivated and productive when the trees start taking their leaf clothes off. With all three of my monkeys attending school this fall, I am baking up a storm to keep their lunch kits stocked. These particular muffins were born from the pumpkin I had leftover from our first day of fall pie (thanks to Susan Voisin for this delightful fat free and gluten-free recipe!). My kids always seem to end up in allergy-laden classrooms, so these are allergen-free and school lunch-aliscious. And they make your house smell great.
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked and puréed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup natural sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole grain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, optional
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cream together wet ingredients and sweetener.
2. Sift in dry ingredients and stir gently until just mixed.
3. Fold in optional add-ins. (Come on! Go for the chocolate!)
4. Pour into prepared muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. (Toothpick test to be sure!!!) Eat’em up yum.